- Breakfast Meeting
- Dinner Joint
- Football games
- Golf Ring Knocker
- Happy Hour Social
- Joint Academy Tour
- Last Call
- Memorial Day Civic Project
- Memorial Day Weekend Dinner & Concert
- Monthly Quarterly Luncheon
- Parents Club Picnic
- Service Academy Golf
- US Navy Band Concert
- Watch Party
Who: USNA Alumni and Parents of Midshipmen (& Navy fans)
What: Informal Watch Party Navy vs Memphis
Where: Coaches Bar & Grill 9089 W 135th Street, Overland Park, KS 66223
Phone: (913) 897-7070
When: Saturday September 8, 2018, Kickoff is at 2:30 PM Central, arrive early and eat lunch off the menu. RSVP not required but email if you think you can make it so I get the larger viewing room in the back.
Bob Culler’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org
OK the Hawaii game was a tough loss for the defense as Hawaii hung 59 points on the Midshipmen. It was non-conference and does not count in the AAC Conference standings. Come watch the Midshipmen at home in Annapolis at Navy Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. Arrive early and eat lunch at Coaches. Kickoff is at 2:30 Central.
Dear Virginia and Coach Bronco Mendenhall:
Fear the Goat!
Virginia coach Bronco Mendenhall made a point to mention how important it was for his team to be bowl eligible after the Cavaliers won their sixth game of the season against Georgia Tech in early November. The Virginia season concluded with a bad loss to another option team, falling 49-7 to Navy in the Military Bowl. The game started well for Virginia with a thrilling touchdown on the opening kickoff.
After that, almost everything went wrong for Virginia.
Not only did Virginia’s offense fail to score, it didn’t even reach the red zone in 11 offensive drives. There was only one field goal attempt (a miss from 47 yards), one interception, two lost fumbles and two turnovers on downs.
But that only begins to describe how lopsided this game was on Thursday afternoon in Annapolis. Here are the four craziest stats from Navy’s 42-point win:
1. Navy did not complete a single pass, and only attempted one. Navy’s two quarterbacks — Zach Abey and Malcolm Perry — combined for 0-for-1 passing for zero yards and a zero passer rating. Abey’s single attempt came on a play-action pass in the third quarter, and if not for some very good coverage from Virginia’s secondary, it could have resulted in a score.
2. Virginia was outgained on the ground by 422 yards. Navy ran the ball 76 times for 452 rushing yards (5.9 yards per attempt) and scored seven rushing touchdowns. The Wahoos, on the other hand, could not get anything going on the ground and finished with just 30 net yards — a total that was helped greatly by a 20-yard run from Jordan Ellis in the final minutes of the game.
3. All of the rushing touchdowns came from the quarterbacks. Abey scored five rushing touchdowns, joining an exclusive list of five that includes Barry Sanders and Kareem Hunt as the only players with five rushing touchdowns in an FBS bowl game.
When: Saturday, 30 September- Time 11:30 AM. Tailgate opens 3 hours before kick-off.
Where: University of Tulsa Campus—Reynolds Center – see Location MAP
Deadline: Online Registration will close at 4:00 p.m. Friday, 22 September. Walk-in registration will be available but prices will be higher at the door.
When: Saturday, 30 September
It is a seven hour drive from Kansas City to Memphis FYI.
Bob Culler “74
Watching Navy on the road against Memphis? Check out the information below on the game, welcome meet and greet and tailgate.
Welcome to Memphis Meet and Greet
When: Friday, 13 October: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Where: Charlie Vergas Rendezvous; 52 South 2nd Street, Memphis, TN 38103
Menu: Buffet to include cheese, sausage, pickles & peppers, ribs, pork shoulder, chicken breasts, beans, slaw, and rolls with unlimited soft drinks, tea and draft beer.
Registration: Memphis Social
Deadline: Registration will close at 4 p.m. Friday, 6 October.
Beat Memphis Tailgate:
When: Saturday, 14 October- Time TBD. Tailgate opens 3 hours before kick-off.
Where: University of Memphis—Liberty Bowl – see Location MAP
Menu: Memphis pulled pork, smoked chicken, baked beans, coleslaw, rolls and buns, banana pudding, cookies. Ticket price includes beer for those 21 and above from High Cotton Brewery Company. Water, iced tea and lemonade will also be provided.
Hosts: Naval Academy Parent Club of the Mid-South, detailed information here.
Registration: Memphis Tailgate
Deadline: Online Registration will close at 4 p.m. Friday, 6 October.
THANK YOU to our generous sponsors for their support for the
Navy at Memphis Tailgate
Please visit www.usna.com/tailgates for more information on away football events, including Temple, Notre Dame and Houston!